Tuesday 30 October 2007

In Dreams

I have been having the most obvious dreams lately, where I was either being yelled at by my bosses, or, trying to get to a date, on a promise, and never make it.
 
I have been terrified of all my bosses, (I am the lowest in the company, so every other person, all 5 of them are my bosses,) and it's natural and so straight forward to be having these dreams.
 
I have always been a victim of rejection and self-pity, so it is rather text book of me to have this sort of dreams; inadequacy.
 
I don't tend to have Salvador Dali's world of dreams. I used to have sandy dreams where everything has texture of sand like things, which gave me goose bumps, but that had stopped ages ago.
 
Then, the other day, I was having a dream that was so real and I was convinced that I was not dreaming. Then I see a cat or dog (cannot remember now) passing by me in a great sun light of early summer, and it caught my attention that it had one leg amputated. But it was walking as if there are 4 legs.
 
Then I bumped into a friend who chose not to communicate with me no longer. He was telling me how his brother left the country to work in a coffee farm in Brazil, and it was making the entire family rather sad. I remembered how much I loved this guy (in reality I so did not) and wanted to hug his sorry shoulder so much but couldn't because I was so afraid that he is going to turn around and tell me how I do not deserve to be his mate.
 
At this point I woke up and realized that it was all dream, and I am late for work, and felt quite puzzled. What does this mean, really? A legless cat or dog, and a guy who refused to acknowledge my existence for some unclear reason? What are these things representing?
 
I have just decided that I was tired and went back to sleep. I then dreamt of my boss and some date.
 
I need a break and a change of scene.