Thursday 17 January 2008

Good Bye RENT

Today I receive an email informing the end of RENT in Nederlander. I can never go and see the show after that, and I cannot face that fact. Before thinking through I was clicking the link to see if I can at least get the ticket, then so I will save up and fly for the last performance. The web page kept saying that data not found. I then phoned the ticket master, and yelled, "AGENT!" with the slimmest hope to hear, "We have a ticket available," but the guy tells me that he's received tons of calls about the show today and unfortunately the tickets are all gone.
 
I might still go. Just so I get to see it in N.Y. again, probably not the last performance, but just any one, before that grand show fades away like youth.
 
Is this mean that I finally have to be a grown up, be one of them, being in the mainstream, pretending to be alive with a sex drive, hide in work, never light the candle, any day but today, let die the Bohemian....?
 
197201 minutes left now.