Sunday 28 May 2006

Elvis Has Left the Building

My uncle quit smoking. Last year, he did, apparently. He was a life long heavy smoker, around 30 a day, and a very old fashioned guy when it comes to the roles of a man in a house. His wife, my aunt, is like a house maid when guests are around, and they kept that master and service person style for as long as they are together.
 
When I was a lad it seemed normal. There were tons of married couple like that. Even my own had slight tendency towards holding guy's position higher in a house. Then as I grew, as my cousins grew, it became painfully old fashioned for women to say, "Yes, sir," to everything husbands say. Yet they never stopped. Nothing changed in their household.
 
My uncle was a bit of a revel in his youth, and he still is very active in seeking anything that interests him. He has so many hobbies, some of which he does almost to the professional standards. Still, he keeps things the same in his house as a husband, or more like, as a man. He smoked and drunk the same, in his old slobbering track suites, ordered his wife to fetch ice and fix some salty snacks.
 
Then it came the news of his quitting smoking. He quit smoking, thus had changes in taste for food, and is having less and different drinks. When we went for a snack he ordered Darjeeling tea and said he is now hooked on them!! My uncle sipping Darjeeling!!! And he also says he doesn't eat oily and salty food any more and now is really watching his health. And he is now exercising!!! He is talking long walks with his wife, appreciating "THEIR" times together as their kids are now gone.
 
What is next, really. I feel like gambling. Anything is possible, yet again, and I wanna take part in guessing the fate's next move, would be wicked if I made money out of it. What's next for me? What's happening to the world?