Monday 8 January 2007

Conspiracy Theory

I was discussing with work people about conspiracy theories and unconfirmed theories. I am not big fan of these stories and I rather choose to ignore unknown "maybes" than being scared of my neighbour secretly controlling the universe while orgasming to Easter eggs.
But my work people were all up for devoting themselves to infinity of possibilities such as some portion of entire human population consisting from reptile like creatures, and even the rest of apparently non-reptile like humans are actually aliens from outer planet.
"I don't see how we possibly evolved into what we are today without having aliens as our fathers and mothers back in 100 B.C."
was our company director's saying, (yes, I work for a company run by a guy who doesn't buy Darwin's theory.) and I was wondering if us evolving from aliens is more likely than us deriving from an ameba.
That is like saying,
"Oh, I think Coleslaw is the gift given to us by aliens. I don't see how possibly some human came up with the idea of it!!"
(Coleslaw is, truly, without a doubt, one of the best inventions in human history.)
I once read a story where there was an empire, with far advanced technology and philosophy than what we currently have, could have existed million years ago. Their citizens are very much like the slugs of our time. They developed so fast to so high standard, they quickly managed to invent the weapon to wipe out the entire empire in one go, shortly before they started their world war, subsequently led to extinction as a result of it. Because they were slugs like, they left no evidence of their existence apart from their architecture such as sphinx and pyramid.
Now, that's a story. As much as we lack the evidence of them existing, we equally lack the evidence of them never existing. I like that. It's dreamy. Melting slugs are lot better than reptile like creature dominating powerless humans.