Monday 12 February 2007

Job Interviews and Dating

I think I am getting really good at job interviews. Of course, had a few interviews which are so disastrous and I rather die than talking about them, but it is my general view to see them as valuable experiences than embarrassing memories. Practice makes it perfect.
 
The more interviews I have, the more I feel the similarities between job interviews and dating scenes. I mean, you attend both in best possible make-up, clothes and smile, hoping to give the best (may not be the real) impressions of yourself. You are never sure if you'd get it before attending either. You always have some expectations for being rejected from both. In such an event, you tell yourself that they are the losers and it's their loss for not wanting you and you are so much better than them.
 
The only difference is that with job interviews I feel there is next one, while with dates I don't. It is not like I go on a date with such a desperations and love to give. In fact I cannot remember one date I went on thinking that I hope I'd get this, while I went on almost all the job interviews thinking I want it.
 
I cannot help but to wonder why dates are harsher rejections than job interviews are to me. I am pretty sure there is another date in every corner ahead of me, though yesterday's interview might have been for the best possible job for me. Why I can get better at job interviews, feeling more and more confident each time, and get totally chickened out with any shadow of date?
 
Another job interview tomorrow.