Saturday 6 August 2011

Story of My Deformity 2

Once dislocated knee is back in place then it is a matter of "what has been damaged or not?" but no longer about pain.

I walked (last time I was carried) using temporary brace and my crutches, and then carried onto ambulance, and off I went to the Royal Berks. Thank goodness for NHS and their very skillful staff.

On arrival my waiting time was announced to be around 4 hours, and I just sat in a very well air conditioned examination room for ages, while hearing some guy been treated for his dislocated shoulder in the next room, who seemed have done it while doing some charity sports event. All his colleagues were there cheering him up praising his bravery, promising him that his work will be covered by them and they were all happy for him to take some time off. I also sat nearby a very disoriented guy who was covered in blood, weeping how he tried to top himself because his wife has left him. I was also pushed around a few times passing in front of a young guy who was hand cuffed and was guarded by 2 police men, but didn't get to find out what this one did.

I think I arrived there around 8pm or 9pm, and was there for at least 4 hours. By 10pm I have texted everyone at work explaining what was happening, and how serious the injury was, and that I am not going to work the following day. Most of them texted back, except for general managers.

I got up next day and thought I'd better call work and discuss my options. At this point I have no strength in my right knee, and was strapped in a big fat knee brace, still in the clothes I was wearing from the time of collapse because I was wearing a sweat pants that required the brace to be removed for changing. I was also in pain and could not sit in a chair for a long time unless my whole right leg was supported.

blurtin' blur
"Hi boss, how is it going, is everyone panicking as am not coming in?"
I asked. He replied,
"It's not too bad now, but if it's going to be more than a couple of days?"
I interrupted him right there,
"It will be more than couple of WEEKS!!"

The point there was that I have to drive to work, or take trains (so many I can't count how many) to get to work, and those 2 options were improbable due to the fact;

1. I could not walk
2. I could not move or bend my right knee to maneuver my car.

"How long are you talking about, really?"
Boss asked,
"Took me months last time, but can't say till I see a doctor next week."

was my answer.

to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my ... what???????
    How about food? Anybody taking care of you??????

    ReplyDelete