Sunday 16 October 2011

I am so full of it

In the past few weeks, I had an opportunity or two to join a group of work related people to have some food and drinks. When a bunch of people get together to just have fun drinks and such there is always one queen bee (whether it's a guy or girl) who has to be the centre of attention.

I actually am one of those bees, BUT, I also am a timid character without alcohol, so tend to give away my bee chair to someone else after a while, so someone else can start chatting away about himself.

Once I retire from the bee chair I sit back and start watching people fire away with autobiographical stories, which was waiting to burst out while I was yammering mine.

Then I think;
How boring the story is,
How loud they are,
How lame their opinions of things are,

The church where Last Supper is at.
Slightly more interesting than my yammering :p
and instantly begin to hate myself for thinking those things. I am full of crap, can't even go on without having all eyes on me for 1 min?


Well, actually, it is not like I do not enjoy hearing them. It is all very interesting to see different sides of people after a drink or two, and hearing about their private stories. It is more about my expectation speaking;
These people who boss me around has something to say, and this was all what they can come up with??

I have 2 jobs and a part of my job is actually to listen to drunk people talk about absolutely nothing. I love hearing non-nonsensical and really trivial stuff that's never going to help me in any way. I love low-intelligent conversations and stories without any firm conclusions. I just do not enjoy them coming from people I personally know too well, I guess. he difference of their colours, so to speak, is insurmountable, and absurdly boring. What is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment