Sunday 2 April 2006

Spoiler!!

So, I have like 134 films (and some TV stuff) I have set aside because they just make me cry and hate my life and everything. I am the only person who cry my eyes out watching Dodgeball, or, Zoolander, or Will & Grace, or Very Bad Thing, or Charlie's Angles. Oh, OK, my love for Ben Stiller certainly made me get over some phobia, so I am OK with Zoolander and Dodgeball now, but they still do make me quiver at some scenes.
 
My parents, for some reason, thought it would cheer me up if they send me the VHS tape of Zatoichi. They sent it to me like 18 months ago, which they taped it off TV. I was thankful, as I knew for a fact that my father only recently mastered how to record thing using the VCR. However, for the same reason Zatoichi was just another film I couldn't possibly watch. I apologized to my folks and said I will watch it once the sufficient time has passed and I feel OK.
 
18 or so months passed and I still haven't watched it. But I am beginning to feel like watching it. I just need one more push, so I can start to feel like I can no longer remember why I felt uneasy watching the film.
 
I was saying that to my mum, hoping for her to give me that final push, and she goes,
"Oh, Zatoichi is light and funny, you will enjoy it. He directed well, you know."
I was listening on her opinion of Takeshi.
 
"Well, you know how fantastico the whole story is. The older, original ones were just laughable and I cannot believe anyone appreciate it without child-like enthusiasm,"
That's good, mum, it's working. I just need to hear how silly it all is, and  I can laugh it off!
 
"But, well, because it is revealed that he wasn't really blind in THIS film, it's all more believable."
"MUM!!!???"
 
I was stunned and just forgot about the whole anxiety. I was just blurting out.
 
"Mum, I cannot believe you gave away like that!! I DID NOT KNOW that spoiler, no-body told me for as long as till now and you just spilt it all out!!"
 
God, mum was squeaking with laughter, I was hysterical. I certainly forgot why I was tearful just thinking of the film. That bit is gone. Amnesia. Adios. Allo, mom bebe.
 
Will watch Zatoichi soon. Am sure I won't enjoy it, mum ruined it already.