Friday 15 May 2009

It's Been a While

I've been told by customers that my tone of voice was a bit off and that before, a long time ago, but this one I had today was way overboard. It was such a big come back. This 23 yrs old kid called up with the stupidest questions and I was being extremely irritated but was quite professional. I was talking to this kid as if he has no brain, speaking each word clearly so he can get it somehow.

Unfortunately, I have been too busy to keep the business facade and have been a little inpatient with some callers, and although I was never rude, I was a little forceful to end the conversation, by asking them to do things rather than sympathize with them in situations.

So this kid was one of them. He basically asked us to provide a telephone line to him but never told us which apartment he lives in  in this big building.

Glorious Me the Phone Bitch "We need to know your room number, or we will end up installing the line in someone else's room."

Boy Botch "How am I going to find out my room number?"

GMPB "Well, I suggest you ask the landlord, or the estate agent?"

BB "Oh, really? OK, well, then what number do I need to call when I find that out?"

GMPB "(Didn't you call us like 5 times before? Beside you got the caller ID display!) I can tell you the number now?"

BB "I am outside, have no pen."

GMPB "Is our number showing on your phone?"

BB "Oh, yeah."

GMPB "Well, my name is DiDi, please call us with the apartment number when you find it out."

BB "Is it always you if I call this number then?"

GMPB "Sorry? What do you mean, there are others, there is no problem for you to talk to any of us. Or would you rather not to have me answering the call?"

BB "Well, that's not what I am saying, but you better watch out how you speak to customers. You are always so aggressive, you got to think hard on that."

GMPB "I am sorry? I can't hear well. The reception is a little bad."

BB "I am fucking telling you that your attitude sucks, alright?"

GMPB "I didn't mean to sound like that but the reception is rather terrible."

Now I wrote it all down, it seems extremely unreasonable what he was saying. It really does. What a brat. You have no right to talk to any service people if you didn't know which apartment you live in, nor how to find out the door number of yours. GFYS, or go home, fuck face.