Friday 28 September 2007

Entire life flashing in front of the eyes...

So, this guy walks in to the pub, and I noticed that he was the guy I used to know in college, whom I have spoken with for total of 2 hrs 5 yrs ago, whose telephone number I did not have, despite the fact everyone had everyone's number in that place.
 
All I recalled up until then was his face and name. I had no interest in him, or his circle of friends, and I was rather happy not knowing him.
 
So this guy walks in, with a girl, and within 3 minutes I just remembered EVERYTING.
 
I remembered where he had his flat.
 
I remembered that he had a family history of diabetes.
 
I remembered that he had a Norwich terrier stolen when he was little.
 
I remembered that everyone at college was talking about his cuts.
 
I remembered that I have never seem him smile.
 
I remembered that he left college before I did.
 
These must have been all the information I have had about him, and I seemed to have recalled them all within 3 minutes.
 
 
Today, an old friend of mine rang the bell and woke me up from the bed of cold. I have not seen this guy for, again, 5 yrs, and I've only known him for about 2 days and 3 nights. He and his friends used to come to my place for free booze.
 
Again, I remembered everything within about 5 minutes. About his family, his sisters, his driving lessons, his friend throwing up in my bathroom, the whole lot.
 
I even remembered the song we all used to sing, "American Woman" after his incidence with an American, whom we all used to avoid for her "quality".
 
American woman, stay away from me
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman, I said stay away,
American woman, listen what I say.
 
5 yrs ago, I had no interest in anyone. In fact, I did my utmost to pay no attention whatsoever to anyone. I was so afraid of getting to know people who will eventually leave me. I was so afraid of hurting people by showing any of my interest in them. And I have succeeded to such an extent I hardly knew anything about anybody in college. And they have all left and I never expected anyone back in my life.
 
Funny how I remembered the things even I didn't know I knew to begin with. Funny how it took only minutes to have them all back flooding to my brain when I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night. Isn't that what happen to old people, is not it the sign of senile, am I heading towards the end?
 
Oh, well, I had this feeling 7 yrs ago, maybe it's a cycle thing.