Tuesday 19 February 2008

Ben

Ben is a student / washer-upper. He is tall and skinny, a pretty boy of 18 year old. His complexion is pale, and he has dark hair which is ashy than jetty, and has greyish blue eyes; typical Irish look, I'd say. He has Beatle length hair with a beenie on top. Oh, and did I mention he is skinny?

He washes dishes in fashion, he's very typical of youth and Brits, and he mumbles so nobody can hear him. Ben is probably popular, looking at his face and taste in clothing, and the fact that he seems to know every trivia of every subject, and he is probably a real nice guy regardless of me not knowing so for sure as I never understood the half of the things he said.

I always tell him that he is pretty, as I am way too much older than him, and I am a photographer in nature. I don't look at pretty men and drool, it is quite the opposite in fact. but he still blushes a little when I say this. I hope he does not think I am hitting on him, that would be creepy and almost illegal.

Ben disappeared for a week, everyone was worried about him, as was told he was unwell. Oh, poor Ben, is he OK?

Then he comes back with a new hair do. It is almost shaven, or whatever the newest term of cutting hair with various equipment, it is just really, really short. I went passed him a few times and kept saying,
"Oh, sorry, didn't know it was you,"
He looked so different. And everyone kind of reacted that way, and poor Ben took it rather badly.

One day I was standing next to Ben, and we were sort of sharing the moment of silence, where one felt like being really honest for no apparent reason, and I blatantly went with it.

"Ben, do you know what you look like?"
Ben looked at me by rolling his big eyes.
"You look like one of these Jewish people in Nazi concentration camp."

Ben then flipped and said, basically, that it is so nice talking to someone with intellect, he cannot get enough of me yammering.

I am sorry Ben, I have watched "BENT" too many times, and it was really a complement in my very bad way; I am jealous of your skinniness, and I thought Clive Owen was bloody hot, let alone Allan Cummings. It really was a praise. You may look like you could use extra pound or two on you, but that will come on naturally in time, so Ben, it really was not taking the piss. You are pretty all the way, man.