Tuesday 26 February 2008

How Much is the Duckie in the Window??

So, I have a little obsession over some birds. Not many people know this because I don't tell them, it is kind of silly to come out confessing the fondness for ingenuously cute things like them. And people didn't want to know about what I have secretly liked anyway. Who cares this one collects famous grouse, or punky, or anything of the sort.

I've always liked the whole idea of bath ducks, but never liked things dipping in the same bath water with myself, as the result of my peculiar phobia, so have never owned any duck. Then I came across this glorious collections of ducks, while getting lost looking for a mussles restaurant in Bruges. They were spectacular swatches of patterns and styles in the forms of plastic ducks, and were expensive. Now, something this expensive and dizzy are clearly not for floating on the surface of water mixed with human grime. They belonged to nice display shelves, or even in galleries.

I desperately wanted one, but it felt like a barren to purchase a bath duck out of that many, and I certainly could not afford to buy the entire clan.

Since then I was head over heels hooked on rubber ducks of many kinds.

Ducks were expensive enough to be bought as a small to medium gift. How I then wished that I had a friend who would buy me a duck, and how was I somber to determine the non-existence of such person.

I am so sad and losery,  don't even have a friend who would buy me any gift, let alone silly, but super gift like a rubber duck in colours or costumes.

Then, one day, a packet arrives at my door, and there it was; my very first bath duck, sitting on other even nicer items of presents. Bang in the middle of the core of my desire, how did you know??? Someone clearly read my mind, or was actually looking through my pictures in here.

I will never guess how you did it, but, I just have to tell you, over and over, how happy you made me, and the duck is now sitting on my screen. Thank youuu!!