Thursday 28 February 2008

Love Thy Wheels

I was shopping around for something the other day, and this is something they said to sell certain products.

*Offers safe handling.
*Excellent grip at low temperatures, even with a light covering...
*Eye-catching tread and sidewall design make P2500 ideal for personalising small to medium sized...
*Improved comfort and lower noise levels add to the pleasure...
*The reduced rolling resistance.
*Comfort. Relaxed.
*Performance. P3000 provides excellent grip and drivability.
*Safety. P3000 is predictable and forgiving in nature, conferring a strong feeling of security

OK, I edited out some words at the end, but still, these descriptions of tyres sound vastly of sexual innuendoes.

Helmut Newton once did AutoErotica and that was laughable, even though I do comprehend the connection between automobiles and sex. Yet, I feel more comfortable using the word "sexy" to describe food than using that to cars.

What is it that people see in cars that reminds them of sex? I certainly cannot see cars serving the imagery of manhood, and that's ridiculous. Having a Land Rover with 4000cc emission does not mean you are well hang. I don't see any appeal to it. Then, what? Money? Style? Fashion? A confided space? What is it?

Never had a boyfriend who owned a car, never even dated one. I am not sure what does that say. Am I avoiding something? Do I enjoy being the one with car? Is that what it is wrong with me?

Bought new front tyres. I am happy now, and there is nothing wrong with that.