Thursday 28 February 2008

the Question is...

So I hate it when people make that sniggering noise whenever they hear me play any kind of music, before start giving me lectures on how wrong I was to think that was even remotely a good piece of music. I hate talking music of any kind with people, unless I am there to win. (He-he.)

Music is a survival game, everyone has to win in that battle field of beat, rhythm, lyrics and tunes. Once you lose you are a lamb in the frock, you are a follower without definitive taste and philosophy.

Everyone is fighting for life in such matters;
you couldn't tell the difference between clarinet and soprano oboe,
you didn't know that tune was a remix of a pop song from 90s, rather than a "cover" of that tune,
you heard some line into a mondegreen and thought it was about a dude with one leg and a broken heart, while it really was a song about a teenage kid screwing every girl in sight,
you erroneously consider a guitarist to be genius while he really was just a Jimi impersonator,

What the hell, there is no winning, I am suffocated and there is not even a smallest room for me to actually enjoy music.

So when Ben started giving me how I should not like Scooter I was ready to leg it. Didn't want to fight a 18 yrs old pretty washer upper over stupid DJs. (And my saying of, "Scooter is NOT a DJ, it's a 3 men band," did not make Ben back off.)

Honestly, I love Scooter and that's that. I am not interested in the genre of techno, or hardcore, or whatever the names I never even heard of. Stop telling me that Scooter is not Happy Hardcore, because they just are! And they are a band!!

And Ben went on criticizing Scooter on the basis of the fact that they did not follow the fashions on techno variation as all other "DJs" made all drug crazy young Britons to follow and warship.

"I don't care about your history of so called rave and all that, I am too old for that anyway. I just want to see them perform. In fact they are coming to Hammersmith in March, taking a part in some dance event."

I said to Ben, half giving up.

"Which day? I might be on holiday."

Ben replies.

"Maybe not, then I want to go. Hey, we can go there together."

A-what? Oh, no, no, no. I am not going to a rave with a 18 yrs old pretty (and thin) washer upper who grew up with Eurobeat and amphetamine being a norm. I am just a Scooter fan. We do not mesh well there. And I am sure he will repeatedly ask me there why I am not taking any pills, and wonders off before I answer him, and that would be quite annoying for me.

Turned out he IS on a holiday with his folks (awww, how cute is THAT?) and can't make it anyway. That's good. I mean, he is nice enough and all but it is rather sad if I actually went there with someone like that. It is sad enough that I am going there at all.