Tuesday 16 June 2009

O, Baby

So, you get a new car, but the scenery outside of that new windows remains the same.

8.30 that freakishly tall and lean guy with the balding temple walks by you with rosy cheeks, knowing well how dashing he looks briskly walking like that every morning all the way to Oracle. (I wonder how he did with the date I saw him with back in September?)

8.35 do I get lucky this morning to see my baby, oooh, yes, he is there today, god, what a vision you are, you are SO GORGEOUS! Tall, strong glances and dark haired, and smokes like chimney!

8.40 that geeky looking guy on bicycle in total Top Man outfit goes by. How did you get on with the job interview from last week?

8.50 the girl goes by, you are almost due, should you be walking this much every morning? You look really happy. I know we never spoke for past 2 years that I saw you on the daily basis and I know you don't know me, but I just want to wish you the very best for the baby. I think it's a girl, BTW.

I know these people for such a long time, yet I don't even know their names. Yet I know when they are ill, or are on holidays. I wonder if anyone knows me going through the route every morning. I wonder if anyone sees me every morning, saying,
"O, baby, you are late again this morning. Had a bit too much last night?"
Well, I don't wish upon that, but I guess that's not entirely impossible.