Friday 19 June 2009

Woudn't You Wanna Push That Boob..

I have this "connection" who gets me the very best of... well, any meat, I guess. Only ever bought pork from him, and only bought off of him once, but all my friends say the goods are pretty top notch.
 
Anyway, so I had this belly of pork stored in my freezer for a while, and only the other day finally got around to thaw it so I can saw it into thin slices for my liking.
 
I remember asking him, specifically, to remove all the skins and bones, but as I picked half thawed pork it was obvious that it had a bit of ribs and, well, the whole lot of skin on it. The skin had bumps on it. Bumps looked like buttons. Well, you know, it's the belly, so, yeah, all of sudden I was holding a whole lot of pig nipples.
 
I don't think I am wrong here to say that I am not the only one who would poke those things when faced with. I am almost entirely sure that practically everyone WOULD push them down. Well, I did, I admit.
 
That is all, really. I bought pork, and ended up poking pig nipples at 1.30 am in my kitchen with my index finger, before skinning the lot, butchering the block of meat into slices of pork. It was a weird night.