Monday 14 March 2011

I Like Watching Couples Fight in ASDA

It is like going to theatres, ASDA. You don't get this in Waitrose. Maybe in TESCO, but I find them a little too self centred. ASDA folks, including myself, are kind of people who are well aware that we are stingy.

Anyway, I was on my way there and someone texted me. I had some hunch, and picked the phone up, but as I was driving I only skimmed through the message for half a sec and put the phone down.

It was from the guy who gotten rid of me 9 months ago, he was worried for my family after the earthquake.

I couldn't read the whole message, but got the essence of it. I could also tell that it was well composed, well structured, not just off top of his head.

I knew that he couldn't stay away from me through a time like this. I mean, all my family could have died, what sort of heartless b-tard would keep mum and not ask if they are OK? Even that woman who hates me at my pub came up and asked, caringly, if I was OK.

A bit confused, my head, why so when kindness happens, like a gift?

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Your family in Japan? Affected by earthquake? Hope not! Hope everyone is okay!
    This event is really big that it shook the entire world ... We haven't even finished mourning for NZ and now Japan. :( Sigh ... Unpredictable rabbit year indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DD,

    Thank you. Yeah, they are there but not affected. It took me hours before I could get through to them by any means, it was scary, but at least now know they are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know they are okay!
    Do they plan to flee the country since the nuclear reactors are not stable at the moment? Really hope the situation can be contained soon. It's really overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again.

    They are staying put, all their families are there. It is tough time for all of us but my folks had it easier than so many people out there. It is so depressing and I can't even watch news longer than a few minutes, and all those poor people...

    ReplyDelete