Saturday 5 March 2011

The Greatest Thing

I was working this morning at the pub, and after the lunch hour rush it was the time for regulars to show up.

The carling drinker, whose is also a plumber, came in with a cider drinker who never pays us cash. Cider drinker buys them a round and they started chatting about work with such enthusiasm I was left behind to even know what were the words said between them.

After the cider drinker left I was pretty much on my own with the carling drinker, and felt that I must make a small talk.

rrugh...

Then I remembered that he brought his dog to the pub a few months ago when his family was with him. It was a little terrier which was cotton coloured ball of fluff, everyone went,
"AWWWWWWW"
while the guy himself is this hardcore lager drinker who can chuck down 10 pints without getting tiny bit tipsy, and always reeks of his fags. His clothes always covered in paints, and he drives company white vans, and his wife swears. He is the furthest thing from,
"AWWWWWWW".

"So, how is your puppy?"
I asked.
"Wot, my dog? He is, you know...."
He looked down almost growling,
(Shoop, was I not meant to ask a man about his cute dog, was that offensive?)
"Well, you know he is.... great!"
The last word, emphasized with this smile sprung out of nowhere. His eyes are drooling and he now just wants to boast how cute and sweet his pup is. Awwww, sweet.

Man's best friend, indeed. Love them, we cannot live without them.
yaaaaaaawn

No comments:

Post a Comment