Sunday 20 March 2011

Reading Marathon was Today

My boss is running at London Marathon and decided to take part in smaller marathons to prep himself for the big one. As Berkshire resident I was asked to be at Reading marathon as his cheering team.

I timed it badly and only got to see him once (I was supposed to catch him twice at 6mile point and 11 mile point), so I ended up running 2.7 mile with Figarion so I can meet him at the finishing point. Look how I ended up all sweaty like all the great runners who made the goal at Madejski stadium!
I did this because Google map lied it's half the distance,
and I detest how inaccurate and unreliable Google map is.
Google map tricked me so many times in the past and
why do I still fall for it???
Then to catch up with him I got into Green Park heading for the meeting point, and within minutes I bumped into Mr. EggBe, who lives about 20 miles away, whom I have dated very briefly till he met his current GF, who was sitting near him when I gasped and yelled his name, FOLLOWED BY "D" who is a flat mate of the guy who gotten rid of me 8 or 9 months ago. I have not seen either of them for such a long time, and it really was too much in one go.

My boss came out with a medal (everyone who finishes the race gets it) and I told him whom I bumped into, and he was all,
"Ahh, so many exes, I can't get my head around them!"

I don't think  have that many exes. Well, I have many ex-so-and-so (friends, flat mates, co-workers) but not ex flames. The problem with me is that those few actually linger around my life for far too long, and their stories overlap, and become confusing to whom being reported on them sporadically.

Well, overall it was a beautiful day, and my boss did well, am so proud of him. Good luck for the London Marathon, boss man!

After all the commotion...

No comments:

Post a Comment