Saturday 12 March 2005

Humiliation, Agony and Guilt. I Just Wanna Cry, Baby.

I am a green leaf driver. It means I JUST passed the test and I am not really qualified to handle cars in every thinkable situation.

This novice driver is now driving M4 every day to and from work.

It is a bit too much for me, especially when I have to work ALL day on top of 3.5 hrs driving. It is sheer scary to drive motor ways when you are that bran-spankin'-new, then so you decide to get down to A roads.

What you don't realize is that A roads have signals and roundabouts. (I am TERRIFIED of roundabouts. They are just SOOO scary and have too much locality to them and are very unkind to travellers. How do I supposed to know which way to sway if there was no sign!?!?)

It has been only a week since I started driving so much, but EVERYDAY has been agony. I have been making mistakes after another.
Once I couldn't tell where the temporally signal stop sign was and blocked the opposite lane;
once I couldn't tell which lane to slip in, in order to go into the second exit on a roundabout and blocked my lane for a few minutes (coz right lane people didn't let me cut in,);
once I was so concentrating following the car in front of me and ignored the signal completely, so I reversed about 10M to get back into the position;
and twice I scratched the left top corner of my RENTED car into bosses and someone else's cars when parking (which count as I did that every the other day. I apologized on both account, by the way.)
These times are the time I was screaming in my car,
"I am so SORRYYYY!!! I seriously am!!!!"
to cars around me, especially the one right behind, and the times when I can see people laughing at me;
I could practically hear them sneering (especially the people on the passengers seats. The drivers are probably yelling at me.) and less serious BUT so humiliating, and am feeling SO low, like,
"GOD, I shouldn't be driving, am so useless!!"
and there are, obviously, other times where things are a bit more serious, like when I get hooted on M25 for switching lane because I didn't see the sign to turn for M4 till the last minute.

I just need reassurance that everyone goes through this...OR am I seriously BAD???

Am eating a mountain of french fancies to sooth my nerves. Aren't they so cute and so nice to you...?

No comments:

Post a Comment