Friday 24 March 2006

Lake District Here I Come

So, yeah, my life is shite and my life story is so scary that makes people run off, and I needed a break. I just wanted to go away for a few days, pretend that there is nothing wrong with my life and I am not about to top myself.
 
For some reason I decided to go to beautiful Cumbria, with my bitches. It must have looked real sad, me driving into a cutest B&B on my own with two dogs. Then driving into a posh hotel for Michelin dinner, all by myself.
 
Anyway, Cumbria was beautiful, all covered in snow, and very hilly. Nice food, nice hospitality (sorry that my dogs peed on your carpet) and lovely people who know the importance of eggs benedict. (Oh, my, how long have I been looking to ACTUALLY eat eggs benedict? Only 12 yrs!!)
 
Anyway, my mum asked me to get her a nice survenir from the Lake District, so I drove into Windermere and stopped for a while to shop. After extensive window shopping and some fudge shopping, I found myself in front of a sign saying "World of Beatrix Potter".
 
I love Peter Rabbit. Love everything about it. But 3D models of Peter Rabbit and his friends scare me, so I have already decided not to pay the visit there. But somehow it appeared in front of me. So, OK, I will just check the gift shop.
 
So I headed towards the place, and saw this guy in chef's uniform dashes out of the place. He was smoking. He went passed me. I stopped, and sniffed. Yeah, I SWEAR it was the smell. This guy who works for the land of fantasy and dreams for kids all over the world was doping up on his lunch break. OH MY GOD.
 
It was lovely break, though, and I will definitely go back. Not to the Beatrix Potter place, but, I will go back.