Sunday 5 March 2006

Bridget Jones, are you proud (of me) ?

It has been crispy days in Berkshire, Hampshire and Essex (all the counties I work and live,) and I have been scraping down my car pretty much every morning.
 
On Thursday morning, I got up and took shower, washed my hair, and left the house. It was before 7am, and I walked down the road for 2 min to get to my car, only to find thick ice all round. All other cars that don't get out of Berkshire, Buckshire and Hampshire were actually covered in snow, and mine was the only one showing its base colour.
 
Anyway, so I started scraping it down. It only takes a couple of minutes. OK, all, done, let's get going as I am freezing.
 
I sat in the car, put music on, and started to drive. Before the first junction I thought,
"God, my hair is so dry, it's hard and feels like a broom. Certainly looks like one."
as my hair bundles were brushing coarsely against my cheek and neck. I touched my hair to feel it, and gasped.
 
It really was FROZEN.
 
My hair bundles were firmly set as if I used 80s hair spray from a dollar shop.
 
Am an Ice Queen, I even make Bridget Jones impressed with me.