Saturday 18 March 2006

Road Kill

I just run over a badger. Doing 40mph on 50mph road, and he was running, as if, towards me, went straight across my face then under my car. I heard two bumping sounds underneath. Screaming, stopped and walked back, he was SOLID, lying in the middle of the road.

I panicked and called a co-worker, then police, and my bloody mob phone kept cutting off every 40 sec. Didn't really wanna touch him coz I once saved a racoon dog which was hit by a car, and he bit me. So I poked him with me feet, he doesn't move. But he was breathing. I went back to the car and took out scraper/brusher which looks like a broom, and started shoving him off the road. He was heavy and was VERY angry. There was NO way he was going to survive this incidence, and I didn't know if I wanted to stay there watching him go, or just bugger off and pretend that it never happened.

Took a while to shove him off the road, and my phone was half dead, it was snowing, police was calling me back many a times, I was just saying where I was at....

And he was gone. He just walked off. I followed the trail but there was no sign of him. Totally gone.

I am so sorry. I hate my life. Why me? I am so really sorry...