Thursday 27 January 2011

Being an 'Us' for Once, Instead of a 'Them'

My colleague who went nuts is now back from her sick leave. I still have no sympathy for her "depression" but never said a word on it, and welcomed her back when she showed up with a new hair cut and whole bunch of new clothes / shoes / bags on her plumper body. (Oh, so you were off sick, and went back to your home country and went to shopping, and went around all your favourite restaurants, and a hair salon.)

Her behaviour has since gotten worse, and she was blowing off her steam on me on daily basis.

One day, she was telling me to my face,
"I do not like your attitude when you talk to me."
in front of my boss.

Next day my boss's boss called us all in, sat us in a line like school children we are, and started telling her that I am her boss, and my boss is my boss, and so she cannot talk to me the way she did.

She wouldn't budge, and had that,
"If a look can kill"
enraged face. My boss's boss said,
"Why are you looking at ME like that? Don't you realize we are all your superior, and you have to obey us if we chose to give you some commands? Do you accept that fact? or you leave the company. Do you?"
and she actually said (and I still cannot believe she did,)
"No."


We all hoped that was the end of her, but she quickly took it back (darn).

My promotion took place ages ago, and I have been given lot more serious work since then, but I wasn't feeling that power thing about me.

I am not career driven at all. I am workaholic, and I love being stingy so I work a lot to get money, but I do not love seniority and therefore usually dislike whom I work for. I always worked the hardest in any place I've been, yet was never well received by my bosses because of my problem with authorities. So this was all new. I am now them, not us, and it is really OK to boss people around, if I wanted to. Wow.

I know I won't, though.

There were a bunch of piranhas in this community tank.
I was absolutely mesmerized by the sight.
(Small ones are THEM.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello hello ... dropping by to say hi and hope everything is well at your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you!!
    I was delighted to see a few new posts on your side. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete