Thursday 6 January 2011

Things To Do This Year

So, my new friend who often contributes her wisdom on my humble blog dropped in earlier in and asked me about my new year's resolution. Mmmm, I don't actually do "resolution" because I hate breaking promises; I am the furthest thing from "new year's resolution motivation".

Anyway, well, that very thought of me not even trying to achieve anything, and confessiong so at right beginning of the year made me nauseated, so I had a rethink, and decided that I will do lists each month to carry out some projects that are planned fo this year.

This is not exactly a new year's resolution, because the lists will contain things "not to do".

I can see infinity in it.
I've realized that I do certain things, consiciously, which are bad for me, very much aware how bad those are for me, and so I cannot help but to self-doubt my reasons for doing those. Is it self-harm? I must put these things on my list, and "not to do" those. I will make no-drink day, no-texting day, no-calling day etc. etc. and wipe my standing ground clean, so I can built something on it.

It will be so hard, I have an obsessive personality, but I need to make some changes in my life, or my life this year will be stagnant.

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Honored to be mentioned :p hehe. This is the first time someone start a year with a list of what not to do. Interesting, though you must be a little bit careful, as our brain works funnily. When we focus too much of not doing something, it will naturally gravitate towards it. For example, don't think of purple elephant, n the only thing you think of is the purple elephant.

    But the most important thing is what you have summed up in the end, no matter what, don't let life be stagnant. Even though one may not be moving forward, sometimes moving sideways can be a good change too.

    All the best. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Purple elephant will be an AKA for my vices, DD!

    I had a very bad beginning of the year, which I can't bring myself to blog about, just to say I did a very stupid thing and feel mega bad about it now, and I need to make some changes in my life, urgently. List is, absolutely, required (!)

    All the best back to you, too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! It's better purple elephant than purple duckie :p

    :o ...
    bad beginning?
    aww :(
    like any scorpio i tend to be curious but i shall not be nosey this time and simply hope you will get out of it soon and move forward.

    how's the weather there now? still cold?

    ReplyDelete