Saturday 8 January 2005

Arrival of THE Magnet

Waiting for days, knowing that it would take more than overnite after ordering it, because it was the holiday season, but still frustrated, for the magnet to arrive.

IF you EVER need a magnet for ANY reason,
the best place to find it is on the internet.
Places like ToysRus and STAPLES
do not carry strong enough ones for your need
(whatever that is.)


Anyway, one morning an envelope arrives through my post, and there it was!!
I seriously had a trouble finding the magnet in the envelope.
It was THAT small. It was about half the size of my ear.
(Check my pic !)
But this magnet supposed to pull 2.2kg, which means you need only 12 of them to pick up an Olsen twin.
I was in deep doubt on its ability, it was just SO small!

But I paid good money for it (like, 5 quid!!!), so there I went,
tie a long long woolen yarn,
dip the anchor down, my ear attached to the insulation cover,
trying to hear "clink" of the magnet intacting the wrench.
"I can't hear ANYTHING. Has the wrench melted??"

I'd better dip a ladle to search the bottom of the tank and locate the wrench before launching the weapon, I thought.
So, I pulled out the magnet,
and THERE IT WAS!!
Intact as Liam Gallagher's brows, or even like that KISSING painting by Klimt...


So, I got my wrench back.

And now I have a tiny and VERY reliable magnet on my fridge.
(Told you that the size doesn't matter.)

What am I going to use it for next??