Wednesday 12 January 2005

Favourites

I don't write about MUSIC, FILMS and TVs in MySpace About Me section. It's not that I don't have any favourite music or films.
Oh, I don't really watch TV, though. I always suspected that there is nothing more boring than reading through what music/films somebody you never met happens to like. I don't even want to know what films my mates like. Maybe because my life is based around students, but people tend to watch same TV shows and FILMS as their friends have. This gives them something to bond over with.

MUSIC can be different, a lot of us actually have strong taste in genres of music we listen to, but that is exactly the reason why I don't like talking about it with other people. I never had a chat with anyone about music without having some disagreements;
people are more than likely to criticize on your taste in music, with pleasure.

I never dated anyone with taste in music I didn't raise my eyebrows;
I don't expect the others to do otherwise.
Yeah, I love Britney Spears,
but I do know good music, and what I deeply like.
If I really start talking about music, nobody can follow me (I studied it quite a bit,) so it is easier to just say,
"Yeah, I love cheese."

The reason I refused to talk about films is a bit similar to this.
I just am VERY fussy about films.
And I just love slugging films off if they don't agree with my taste.
And I completely over-rate distastefulness in film viewing.
It is coming from some experiences with my pervert ex, I guess.

Before the pervert I was just nerdy film lover who knew a little too much trivia.
Because of the pervert I have became someone who identifies films as political or even religious beliefs. It IS sad.

The reason I wrote these was, I was filing up all my MP3 files, as well as making up playlists many times, after WMP crushed numerous times. This activity does force myself to review my history of music. And, there are truly good pieces of music in this world. And there are songs which just stuck with your times of your life. They work at certain times of the life and everytime you listen to them, all the memory of that period just flood back to you.

You don't know how you met me
You don't know why
You can't turn around and say goodbye
All you know is when I'm with you
I make you free
And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea
I'm singin'
Follow me everything is alright
I'll be the one to tuck you in at night
And if you
Want to leave I can guarantee
You won't find nobody else like me
Won't give you money
I can't give you the sky
Your better off if you don't ask why
I'm not the reason that you go astray and
We'll be all right if you don't ask me stay

(Yeah, right (!) I am so glad that my phase of this song is OVER.)