Tuesday 28 December 2010

One Way to Go

I have been unwell for about a week now. It started as a little sore throat, and gradually became a common cold, took me about 4 days before I was fully blown ill, by then it was Christmas day.

I am not really into Christmas, but am not oppose to it like I used to a few years ago. I hated Christmas because I was always alone. I still am alone and continue to be but I don't hate the holiday, even when I am sick, helpless and alone. Why?

Does anyone remember the episode of Sex and the City where Sam Jones bought her own apartment then got sick, and all her men who she was doing didn't even pop in to aid her unless they get laid? And she became a woman who just wanted to get married? Well, I guess that was sort of me over Christmas up until recently, not that I never wanted to get married, but you get the zest.

But I'm telling you this. Surviving a cold alone, helpless and hopeless is an absolute misery, yet it is a million times better than surviving it with someone who would not want to help you. One of my old, old exes was texting me on the day, asking how I was. This is the same guy who demanded me to pay him his bus fare when I asked him to come and take care of me as I was bed-tied for 3 days with a bad cold. (He never did when he used to phone me up at 1am with urges.) Last year I was seeing someone who told me off for inviting him over then told him that I was coughing a little that day, yelling,
"Why didn't you tell me that before I left my house?? You can pass something!"


Now I am just thankful that I do not have these people in my life, truly so when I am ill! even over the holiday season which is totally depressing to all the singletons and loners out there.

It is nice to hate one less thing.
A pic of jellyfish from Berlin Zoo.
Buoyancy is another way to survive one's life.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, u r sick in sucha cold cold weather. Hope u will be well soon. Take more vit c. Keep urself really warm. Nothing is more important in this world than our health. Sending u a big warm hug n wish u a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this and thought that you may enjoy it. Hope you have a great new year ahead like this happy little creature that should be the mascot of your blog. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGEqWzw8A9g&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha, that's bokers!
    Yeah, I should knight him to be my mascot, you are so right!

    Have a happy new year, DD xxx

    ReplyDelete