Thursday 22 September 2005

Flipping Shoes

In recent article in papers, women in UK are said to be spending most of her money on shoes, and it is not unusual for women to own 100 pairs. I don't have that many pairs, but latelly I have been buying quite a few. It started off when I needed suits for my job interviews. I bought suits, then noticed that I needed tops to go with them, because all I had had some logos of, well, not so professional meanings.
Then I realised that I can never work in my boots, which have a hole anyway, or my skechers. So I began buying shoes.
When I mention shopping that is eBaying, as all my mates know. (Yeah, my life in Dundalk used to be scheduled around cable TV and eBay...) I am hooked on eBay, and I used to have an established business via eBay. I cannot even imagine doing clothes shopping outside of it!
Anyway. The only, and obvious problem with buying shoes off eBay is that you can't try the pair on first. And shoes are very tricky things to buy even when you try them on off-line.
I think that many women buy so many shoes because shoes are just too darn hard to buy. They fit, in so many different ways, like,
"They fit but are slightly tight in width."
"They fit but are too hard on sole, can't run in them."
"They are comfy, but they are not my size."
"They are perfect fit but SO unfashionable."
And I am usually like,
"Have one or two pairs fit well and go well with everything as long as I am with people who know me well."
But this time I really need to be picky. The pair need to be comfy and smart and durable. 
And every pair comes from eBay is NOT fitting. So I have to re-sell them. This is as though I am flipping properties.
They probably would fit with sock adjustment, but they are not kind of shoes I can wear socks. What a hair-pulling nuisance this is. This buy-sell-buy-sell cycle needs to go on for a long time...
Shoe shopping is SO doomed. Why women do this if not for finding a good pair?