Wednesday 20 October 2010

Appeal

Went to have a long lunch with a married man.

Don't ask me why but married men love me. They all deny having any feelings for me, and I never stop pretending we belong to opposite sexes, and so we carry on as friends, even though I never believe in friendship between men and women, and they can't sop bitching about their wives.

Well, basically, I never touch them. NEVER.

So he was buying me lunch (which turned into 3 course with a glass of wine at 2pm) and we were talking about my work place. He basically didn't know pretty much all of my bosses are gay, and that all the girls there are 30 something, rather than 20 something like he thought.

"What was her name again, the girl who is sitting in front of you?"
He asked. I told him the name, knowing he would not remember it if I ask 5 min later.
"She is so shy, does she have many friends?"

I said she has hundreds, but not a single English friend.
"She doesn't even speak much English after so many years of being here."
I went on. And he followed,
"and I take it she doesn't have a boy friend?"

"How did you know? How can you tell?"
I was asking, curiously, as this came from a man who is in a rock solid marriage for 35 yrs or so, plus the girl in the topic is rather attractive, and is very quiet when conversing in English, and I know many men who like the type (quiet, exotic, appears to be obedient.)

"One can tell."
He replied. How, I asked again.
"Well, she just doesn't have sex appeal."

He said this like he was conversing back in the 60s'. I haven't heard the phrase in a while, and apparently my colleague lacks it. This was a new sensation to me. Is it in the same category as her being not sexy? not attractive? what is that exactly, sex appeal?

"You can be attractive without having sex appeal. You simply got to have it for men to notice you."
He said, quietly, with the suave mannerism he always had.
"Oh, in that case I don't think I've got it."
I laughed, sipping the Sauvignon Blanc.
"Oh, you got stacks of it!!"
He said, almost triumphantly. What a nice guy.
Brighton, Aug 2009
Today's note:
Great news about Pre-Nup!

No comments:

Post a Comment