Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fish Sauce

WANTED
I have discovered this anchovy sauce a while ago, and also later heard from Neapolitan tour guide that this is THE stuff real Italians use to give that kick to vongole bianco. I was addicted to volngole pastas so decided to buy this potentially very smelly, distinctive condiment, but the only thing was that the sauce was only available at big TESCOs and I never went to TESCO.

SO I have asked a friend to get it for me, but he wasn't firmly promising to do so. And 2 days later I was made to go to a big TESCO at work for some reason, (probably to get them stupid designers eco bags) so I bought the fish sauce then, only to receive a text from mate saying he got one for me the same day.

Yes, yes, it's a boring story, and it gets even more so.

It took me almost 2 years to finish a bottle after then, and now I need the other bottle but I CAN'T FIND IT anywhere!!

I have lost a bottle of fish sauce somewhere in my house! Where? Where on earth?? Am not going to buy another because I have one which was waiting to be opened for 2 yrs, but I need one!!!


I was doing some detective work, and thought,
"Mmm, if I were to hide a bottle of fish sauce, where do I put it?"
and,
"If I were a bottle of fish sauce, where do I go?"

My, am going mental looking for a bottle of anchovy sauce, it's been days! These things really bring out the obsessive side of me, that's so scary. Anchovy sauce, please stand up.

No comments:

Post a Comment