Sunday 10 October 2010

Overdressing as Usual

the dress
The boss's birthday party was fun. I showed up in a fabulous tribe dress, which belongs to my country's neighbouring continent, just because they can't tell the difference. Had most of the drinks bought by people who usually tip me, (thank you, you guys are so nice, and I mean it) and had a fun time.

I always overdress, I am known for this. Maybe one day I will be noticed for this bad habit.

"You know that person who always shows up alone in OTT outfit?"
"Yeah, I bet she will make a fab party decoration. Let's invite her to our reception!"

Anyway, the reason I posted the last entry is, because I was told that I was being a baby for complaining about my boss's behaviour and I should just take whatever he gives, since it is a job and I am getting paid for it.

Like I said, I have 2 jobs, one of which I take whatever given just because I get paid. They treat me like a second class citizen, and they say whatever they feel like, which revert within a day or two, and have I ever complained? Not really. Some girls there said I am such a push-over. Well, maybe I am. But when you work in a skill-less job, which a 14 yrs old can hack, then getting yelled at can be life-endingly demeaning, or just meaningless whatsoever. I defined latter. I get paid to be yelled at, because their pay get me my next car in 3 yrs time, or a new bathroom in next 2 yrs.

This leaves me with one job where I actually do something with learned skills. This is where my opinion matters because I am making money for the company, and they are not treating me appropriately for my performances. Yes, it is a job but they have no right to make my life difficult when I am working for such a low wages without making some points to them that they are in wrong, employment law wise.

So I said what I thought, and one boss did not like it. Knowing then than ever what an idiot he really, truly is, I then turned into a complete brown noser because I knew I was still in right therefore, in short, he is a loser and I am the winner.

I don't really look at my life evaluating who wins and who loses, life is much more complicated, but this is a good way to reason with your own pride. Howelse one can survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment